May 8, 2010

Homeward

A few weeks ago when the Great Volcanic Eruption of 2010 had bungled my weekend plans that were to involve two British friends of mine (who, sadly, never did make it out to California), T and I decided to make the most of a pretty rotten situation and embarked on an impromptu trip up to central California to visit my parents. And I'm so glad we did because it turned out to be a marvelous weekend, replete with lingering meals, long, over-due visits with family, my pointing out to T the places (i.e. mounds of dirt) I used to play in as a wee girl. And did I mention there was a hot tub and plenty of mojito-sipping on my part? Yeah, I'd say it was a pretty smashing weekend all around. Below are a few snapshots of our time on the farm.

That is SOME PIG! Any fellow Charlotte's Web fans out there?

T was sort of enamored with the wheat fields growing up on either side of my parents' house. But with that light, can you blame him?

Home sweet home.

1 comment:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

That is some pig! Yes, you've found a fellow Charlotte's Web fan. I recall really loving that book.

The wheat fields are beautiful. I can see why T would be enamored