April 15, 2010

Volcanic Woes

The recent volcanic eruption in Iceland, from which a large plume of ash has risen into the atmosphere and is now hovering over the UK and Scandinavia, is putting a serious dent in my weekend plans. The dense ash cloud has grounded some 5,000 planes and has delayed the much-anticipated arrival of a couple British friends of mine with whom I was very much looking forward to spending a fun weekend. I'm crossing my fingers that the air space opens up sooner rather than later, and in the meantime, I'll be checking and re-checking the BBC for updates. Womp.


{Image via Flicker}

3 comments:

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

What a bummer for you! I'm sorry to hear that. I feel so sorry for everyone sleeping in the airports over there, such a disaster. They'll be there soon enough and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time! xoxo katie

Laura said...

So disappointing...I just saw a map of the cloud, I can't believe how far the ash has gone!

Anonymous said...

I like the silver owl ... :0)