September 22, 2009

Autumnal Equinox

Dear Autumn,

Welcome back! It's been too long, really it has. I say 'welcome', but to be honest, it doesn't even feel like you're here. The neighboring hillsides are currently ablaze and the mighty sun seems quite happy to stay exactly where he's been all summer, hanging solo in the sky, unencumbered by any pesky cloud formations that might drift his way. Suffice it to say that you're a little wary of making yourself known just yet.
I understand that you tend to be shy, especially in southern California. I get it, Autumn. I've been in this situation before and I just want to let you know that I'm prepared to wait. After all, the best things in life are worth waiting for, no? Think of all the fun that lies in store for us: the scarf-wearing, leaf-peeping, apple-picking, pumpkin-carving, firewood-smelling, hot coco-sipping good times are ready for the taking, Autumn. That is, when you care to join me. Until then I remain patiently yours,


Joanna xoxo