December 22, 2008

A Charlie Brown Christmas

I was stuck in bed with a pernicious cold at the weekend. So to cheer myself up a little, I popped in the holiday classic, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and there I sat amid fluffy pillows and snuggled under my down comforter, positively transfixed while slurping a bowl of steaming chicken noodle soup (the soup was courtesy of Whole Foods, which was delicious by the way. Note to self: I really need to learn how to make a killer chicken noodle soup. But I digress). I'm convinced that the film and soup combination alone did more in the way of making me feel better than all the vitamin C and veggies I had consumed up until that point. Charlie Brown and co. are just THAT good. When you think about it, the film has so much going for it: a lovable and sensitive protagonist you can't help but root for, a rockin' soundtrack (composed by the great Vince Guaraldi), sage advice for only 5 cents (a steal!), some rather enviable dance moves you can use to impress your friends (my favorite is the one performed by the bobbsey twins), and most important of all, a special message about the true meaning of Christmas. How many holiday films can boast all that?

3 comments:

please sir said...

Such a wonderful movie - hope you feel better - happy holidays!

jora said...

We all love that movie in our house too. It was on several times over the past month. And if you need a Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe, you should try the one on my blog (not my recipe, but I make it all the time). It is super duper good! Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Joanna said...

Thanks for your warm wishes, guys. I'm feeling much better. :-)

Must try that soup recipe, Jora. Thanks for the scoop!