September 28, 2011

Another Pottermore post

Dear Reader, if you're not riding the Harry Potter train (i.e. you couldn't give a fig about the boy wizard), then by all means ignore today's post. And for the rest of you...ok, I think they're gone. Anyway, so my Pottermore welcome email finally arrived the other day. The website isn't open to the public until October, but since being granted early access this week I've able to rummage around the beta site ahead of the worldwide unveiling, and I can tell you that it's pretty freaking awesome. You basically read along with the books, unlock/find certain magical objects (it's a virtual game, people. And yes, it's a little on the nerdy side), and most exciting of all - at least thus far - is that you can procure your very own wand and get sorted into one of the four houses at Hogwarts (alas, if only it were a real school)! Take a look at my airy, serene living quarters that is my house common room. 
Yep, I'm in Ravenclaw. And I'm not at all surprised, I might add. Ravenclaws highly value wit and learning and scholarly pursuits above every other house. So naturally this bookworm of a blogger got sorted there. Anyone else having fun with Pottermore? And can we be friends?


{Image via Pottermore Central}

No comments: