April 12, 2009

Gratitude is an attitude

I'm going to ignore the fact that I'm currently frustrated by problems with my car (which, in a city like LA, is akin to the earth standing still) and instead focus on all the great things about my day on this beautiful Easter Sunday:
  • I felt completely energized after my morning yoga class
  • I relished my soy latte from Peets and my mouthwatering ahi tuna salad from R+D
  • I actually delighted in today's capricious early spring weather and the incessant flux between the sun's warm rays and the cool breeze blowing in from the ocean
  • I had a blast hanging out with one of my favorite people ever, the one and only T, who makes me laugh and manages to cheer me up whenever I'm in a sulky mood (which is more often than I care to admit). Case in point: when I acknowledged I hadn't blogged in over a week, he inspired me to get to it with a little improvised rap* which was incredibly silly and random, but it did the trick: it made me laugh and motivated me to write. Thanks, T.
*Which included this gem of a lyric: "Don't let your blog hog the html." Oh, T's randomness knows no bounds. Thank God for that.

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter holiday!

3 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

It's wonderful to be able to focus on the positive. I should try to do that too...
Where do you take yoga?

Joanna said...

The class I went to at the weekend was at my gym, but I've heard good things about Yogaworks and have been meaning to try it. They have several locations on the west side.

I know of a wonderful yoga instructor who teaches in Westlake Village. It's a bit of a trek
(though not that far from Malibu), so if you're so inclined, here's her website: http://www.yogajournies.com/index.htm

Joanna Goddard said...

what an uplifting post!