February 25, 2009

J.Crew Love

Meet my new coat. I snapped him up at the J.Crew in South Coast Plaza this winter in the midst of the holiday sales extravaganza. I wasn't even in the market for a new coat, but I saw him hanging all by his lonesome in the corner of the store, and once I tried him on for size and saw that he was on sale to boot, I knew he was a keeper. The camel hair is incredibly soft to the touch and just feels heavenly to slip into. I love the hidden pink and orange detailing, too.

I adore J.Crew. They offer good quality clothes, often using the same mills as fancy European design houses, at very economical prices. I can't get enough of their tissue tees and ringspun painter tees. And this new Icon trench for spring looks like something Burberry would come up with, but at a fraction of what a Burberry trench costs. I covet. And oh my, I just noticed these lovely little ballet flats. Man, am I in trouble.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think covered seams are one of my favorite detaisl when it comes to higher quality clothing. So absolutely worth the money and time.

Brunch at Saks said...

I couldn't agree more! J Crew is fabulous! I just found your blog and love it :)

evencleveland said...

A camel coat is always a lovely thing. I love the little bow at the neck.

Mary-Laure said...

This coat is a real darling, I just LOVE it! Excellent buy.