November 1, 2008

Rainy days


On gloomy overcast days such as this, I find no greater pleasure than staying indoors with a pile of books at my side. I've about 100 pages to go in The Amber Spyglass, the final book in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. After that, I'll continue the Halloween theme (the rain is keeping me in a Halloween state of mind), with some deliciously ghoulish stories from The Mammoth Book of Modern Ghost Stories and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving, which is one of my all-time favorites.

I also get a kick out of this Halloween card. It just makes me smile.

3 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

The modern ghost stories anthology looks really good...

As you may know, I just moved to LA. If you want to meet up some time over a cup of coffee, do email me:
petipaw@gmail.com

Joanna said...

That sounds lovely! I'm off to Hawaii tomorrow, but will touch base with you when I return to LA next week. Hope you're settling nicely into your new life here. :-)

Mary-Laure said...

Enjoy Hawaii, LUCKY girl!!!