September 30, 2008

Lark!


Lark /la:k/ noun

1. Any of various small brown singing birds of the family Alaudidae, with an elongated hind claw; spec. the skylark, Alauda arvensis*

2. A frolicsome adventure, a spree; an amusing incident, a (practical) joke

--Oxford English Dictionary

After having recently celebrated my birthday, one of the myriad goals I set for myself was to start my own blog. I feel that starting my own blog is like embarking on a sort of adventure. And I like what the lark represents: an escapade, happiness, morning, song, potential. In literature, the lark is commonly portrayed as the herald of the morning; many an ode exists extolling the virtues of this merry little bird. Furthermore, I don't want to take this blog too seriously and will instead have fun with this space and use it as an opportunity to play and muse on life's little pleasures.

No comments: